Elderly and Disabled Waiver Program
(662) 283-2675 (Office)
(662) 283-5875 (Fax)
What is the Elderly and Disabled Waiver?
The Elderly and Disabled (E&D) Waiver is a statewide program designed to offer assistance to qualified Medicaid beneficiaries. The program allows qualified individuals to remain in a home or community-based setting as an alternative to nursing facility care or other institutional care.
Who is qualified?
- Beneficiaries must be 21 years of age or older.
- Persons qualify by either SSI or 300% of SSI.
- Beneficiaries must score 50 or above on the Medicaid Long Term Care Pre-Admission Screening (PAS) instrument.
- Persons must require nursing facility level of care, if assistance is not provided.
All persons who are eligible to receive Home and Community-Based Services under this waiver must first be approved through the Division of Medicaid.
What services are offered under this waiver?
- Case Management - Everyone who participates in the waiver is assigned to a local case management team. This team consists of a Registered Nurse and licensed Social Worker.
- Personal Care Services - These are supportive services provided in the home of the participant. They include assistance with light housekeeping, laundry, meal planning, marketing, food preparation, etc.
- Adult Day Services - This is a structured program that focuses on the strengths and abilities of the participants. This service allows participants to contact connections with their community and/or use all of their retained skills. Depending on the specific facility, the following services are provided: supervision and/or assistance with ADL’s, group activities, nutritious meals, and medication monitoring.
- Expanded Home Health Services - The participants of this program will be eligible for extended home health services. Covered services include: nurse, aide, physical, and speech therapy.
- Home Delivered Meals - A well-balanced meal is delivered to the home of the person who is unable to leave his/her home without assistance and/or unable to prepare his/her own meals.
- Institutional Respite and/or In-Home Respite - This is provided to participants on a short-term basis because of the absence of or need for relief for the primary care giver. This can be provided in the home or other licensed respite care centers.
- Transition Assistance - This is provided to a beneficiary currently residing in a nursing facility who wishes to transition from the nursing facility to the E & D Waiver.
North Central Planning and Development District serve clients in Attala, Carroll, Grenada, Holmes, Leflore, Montgomery, and Yalobusha counties. If you live in a county outside of NCPDD’s service area you may contact the Division of Medicaid at 1-800-421-2408.
Apply of Refer Services
To apply for services or to refer another individual to receive services, call our office at 662-283-2675 or the Division of Medicaid at 1-800-421-2408.
Or, download the Medicaid Waiver Client Intake Form.
Medicaid Waiver Intake Form (16 KB)